Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: Unlock iPhone after o2 account ported to another provider

I’m using Safari on the iPad.

It was more of a response to Mi5 stating that they might have shutdown all other ways to unlock.
Topics: 534
Solutions: 11,467

It would appear that no one has had their phone unlocked since they started selling them unlocked,without forum intervention.
The forms may work, but nothing happens afterwards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@MI5 wrote:
It would appear that no one has had their phone unlocked since they started selling them unlocked,without forum intervention.
The forms may work, but nothing happens afterwards.

Aah got ya!

So when I bought my PAYG 3310 from the O2 store they said it was locked. Were they telling pork pies then? (I’ve stuck a 3 sim in it and it appears to work but I have asked for it to be unlocked since I bought it, but I’ve had no message to confirm it’s been done)

If your Three SIM is working it's not locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

@MI5 wrote:

But does that mean it came unlocked or has it been unlocked? Surely if it’s been unlocked I’d get a text or an email to that effect. (Unsure how unlocking works)

Topics: 688

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

But does that mean it came unlocked or has it been unlocked? Surely if it’s been unlocked I’d get a text or an email to that effect. (Unsure how unlocking works)

I would imagine if you bought it recently, ie August @Anonymous, then it would have been unlocked.

When @Martin-O2 made the announcement, he said it was with immediate effect. Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

You would have to enter a code to unlock it, so it was never locked in the first place.

Currently using:
Anonymous

@MI5 wrote:
You would have to enter a code to unlock it, so it was never locked in the first place.

Big fibbers then! Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks guys, I'll contact the admin.  Have tried to unlock it several times but nothing's working, and the link loads but then just errors.

Topics: 688

@Dreamer wrote:

Thanks guys, I'll contact the admin.  Have tried to unlock it several times but nothing's working, and the link loads but then just errors.

@EmilieT?

*The Game Is On*