Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone after o2 account ported to another provider

Dreamer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've recently ported my number out to another provider, and have been trying to use the manual form to unlock my iPhone 7. 

Currently the form is throwing an error when I submit, and I'm unsure if my request to unlock has been processed. I can't use the MyO2 app, as the login screen fails with a "no billing account" error.

Can anyone suggest who cn check the status of my unlock request and confirm if it's been submitted sucessfully - I appreciate there is a delay/wait time for sucessful requests to go live.

Thanks.

Jo

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m using Safari on the iPad.

It was more of a response to Mi5 stating that they might have shutdown all other ways to unlock.
Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would appear that no one has had their phone unlocked since they started selling them unlocked,without forum intervention.
The forms may work, but nothing happens afterwards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It would appear that no one has had their phone unlocked since they started selling them unlocked,without forum intervention.
The forms may work, but nothing happens afterwards.

Aah got ya!

So when I bought my PAYG 3310 from the O2 store they said it was locked. Were they telling pork pies then? (I’ve stuck a 3 sim in it and it appears to work but I have asked for it to be unlocked since I bought it, but I’ve had no message to confirm it’s been done)

Message 13 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If your Three SIM is working it's not locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

But does that mean it came unlocked or has it been unlocked? Surely if it’s been unlocked I’d get a text or an email to that effect. (Unsure how unlocking works)

Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

But does that mean it came unlocked or has it been unlocked? Surely if it’s been unlocked I’d get a text or an email to that effect. (Unsure how unlocking works)

I would imagine if you bought it recently, ie August @Anonymous, then it would have been unlocked.

When @Martin-O2 made the announcement, he said it was with immediate effect. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You would have to enter a code to unlock it, so it was never locked in the first place.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You would have to enter a code to unlock it, so it was never locked in the first place.

Big fibbers then! Thanks!

Message 18 of 24

Dreamer
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys, I'll contact the admin.  Have tried to unlock it several times but nothing's working, and the link loads but then just errors.

Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Dreamer wrote:

Thanks guys, I'll contact the admin.  Have tried to unlock it several times but nothing's working, and the link loads but then just errors.

@EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24