cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 5S on the Refresh Tarriff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys!

I took out a new refresh contract with the iPhone 5S. I needed it unlocked as I need it for use on two networks, when I enquired about the unlock on live chat, I was told they would unlock the handset, but only after the phone plan had been paid in full.

I then called customer services to check this information was correct, and I was assured it was, so paid the phone plan in full, went back to live chat, and they submitted a unlock request.

The next day - an email arrived from 'back office support' stating they are not yet authorised to unlock iPhone 5S handsets!

I spoke to customer services again who stated that was incorrect and passed it back through! Im a little worried as I dont want it to go past my cooling off period and then they say that cant do it! 

Anyone here in the same boat or successfully had your iPhone 5S unlocked?

Message 1 of 171
170 REPLIES 170

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally.

Spoke to a member of staff at the call centre who sounded like he had a clue and sympathised with the week long hassle I have had, and an hour later, phone unlocked!!

Woohoo!
Message 31 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally.

Spoke to a member of staff at the call centre who sounded like he had a clue and sympathised with the week long hassle I have had, and an hour later, phone unlocked!!

Woohoo!

Very interesting, so they CAN unlock them.

Do you know if he just went to the back office team to unlock the handset?

Message 32 of 171

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is interesting, I too will be unlocking my 5S but not bothered at the moment

If it's 6 months down the line then i'm cool with that

As long as my phone is unlocked when I come to sell it next year is my main issue
Message 33 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...

Message 34 of 171

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...

Well well, is there anything we can help you with?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 171

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Curious edit. I'm sure the initial post an hour earlier said that he had been successful in unlocking a 5s which was his wife's upgrade locked to O2 but now using it on EE. Not sure why the post has been edited.

Message 36 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct
Message 37 of 171

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Correct

Why remove the post then as it could have been helpful to others with the same issue?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 38 of 171

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is they got it done, posted about it, then were told to remove it wink

Message 40 of 171