cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Just a quick one, a few days ago I asked for my iPhone 5s to be unlocked and that I have to wait up to 14 days. In the mean time I have bought an iPhone 6. So I want to know if I can use my sim in the 6 or do I have to wait till I receive the unlock text?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You should be fine as long as the 5s was used with the sim enough for O2 to recognise the device and sim were used together. The text can come to any handset and does not need to be in the 5s when it comes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You should be fine as long as the 5s was used with the sim enough for O2 to recognise the device and sim were used together. The text can come to any handset and does not need to be in the 5s when it comes.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

yes you can use your nano sim in the phone. 

When you get the e mail ref the unlock just insert another networks nano sim in :  ie ee to complete the unlock sequence 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The unlock process works on the phones IMEI number and has nothing to do with the sim card so you are free to put it wherever you want.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for the info, the sim has been in the 5s for near enough a year so should be all good wink
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enjoy your iPhone 6

😃
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem. I have been given an iPhone 4 locked to O2 that was on a business account.

I have placed my own contract sim in it, made a couple of phone calls and submitted the form. Only for O2 to say that the IMEI is not associated

How can i get this unlocked? I did do the request the same day as making the calls, do I need to leave it a day before submitting?

O2 chat said the original owner needs to call

Is that correct? I dont want to put a payas you go SIM if its not going to work

I am in the UK so no roaming involved

Help please?

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem. I have been given an iPhone 4 locked to O2 that was on a business account.

I have placed my own contract sim in it, made a couple of phone calls and submitted the form. Only for O2 to say that the IMEI is not associated

How can i get this unlocked? I did do the request the same day as making the calls, do I need to leave it a day before submitting?

O2 chat said the original owner needs to call

Is that correct? I dont want to put a payas you go SIM if its not going to work

I am in the UK so no roaming involved

Help please??

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

See the response to your 1st post.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Iphone-unlocking/m-p/822397#M132976

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10