Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Unlock Iphone 4, do not have old o2 sim

Hi there. I have an iphone 4 16gb which was unlocked by o2 last year. I was pay monthly customer. I was staying outside UK for 6 months and everything was fine when I use other sim card. I just arrived here back in UK and I restored my iphone to IOS6 and try to use other sim card which is rejected saying that I need the original sim card that came with the iphone. I'm puzzled here as it was unlocked before and now it is locked back to O2. I've tried paid to a service to check my IMEI and found out that my phone IMEI is not locked to any network. I tried an o2 sim card and it works perfectly, and when i inserted other card, in this case from '3 network' it shows "no signal". How do I go about getting this back unlocked? Is it possible without the o2 sim

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Unlock Iphone 4, do not have old o2 sim

I don't think you'll need the sim only the IMIE number. *#06# find you IMIE number and go to the O2 unlock page will let you know if it's possible
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Appears you'd need to know the old mobile number if you can remember it
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Do i need to use any o2 card for this? As i have unlocked using IMEI before.

I'm not even 100% sure you need a sim in it for this process to work. But if you have one that does it can't hurt to put it in thereSmiley Happy
Anonymous

if read in one of the thread saying that I can buy a pay as you card, top up around £20 and make at least one call so that the IMEI will be connected to that number, and fill in the form for unlocking again to o2 and make sure at least there is a balance of £15 for the charges. Can you i do this method? I've tried to access my old account but it seems o2 has erase it as it does not recognise my old number anymore.

Hmm sounding rather expensive if suggest giving CS a call and see if they can do anything with just the IMIE number.

Most companies keep their customers data for more than a year do you may be in luck and still have acces to your account even if you dont(fraud prevention)

I don't think that IMIE and phone numbers are tied together. The phone number is for the sim and IMIE is like an ip address for a phone so it's unique I don't see the need to top up to unlock it especially if it's previously been doneSmiley Happy
Topics: 544
Solutions: 3,348

Customer service should have a record of the previous unlock. Give them a call and tell them since the update it has been locked again. I don't see how they can charge to unlock it again.