cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock iphone SE although original owner unlocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a second hand iphone SE from someone locked to the O2 network, the phone was on a contract. He called O2 and got it unlocked, they gave him a code to pass on to me and informed me it would take 72 hours, to put another network sim or an o2 sim and connect to itunes.

All of which I did. There is no place to put the code and the phone remains unlocked.

I now cannot contact the original owner, but he passed on all the details to me, EMEI number, mobile number, reciept etc.

What do I do anyone please!

Lucy

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
OK, as explained, there is no unlock code for an iPhone, so there is no way O2 could have generated one to pass on.
If you know someone with an O2 contract, use their sim in the phone for a day or two and then submit the unlock request from their MyO2 as explained in the original link I gave you.
You can still use the PAYG route by obtaining a PAYG sim and topping up £20 (make sure you are on classic PAYG tariff) and then submitting your own request after a couple of days use of the phone.
You have to use the phone on O2 either route you take to register it on the system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

How to unlock here but iPhones don’t need a code as it’s done on Apple’s servers, so the seller has lied to you.
You’ll need to use the PAYG method in the link now or borrow an o2 contract sim to do it for free.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It will cost you £20 top up so you can use it to make a couple of calls to register the sim on the network. Did you by any chance buy this on eBay? 

Message 3 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It will cost you £20 top up so you can use it to make a couple of calls to register the sim on the network. Did you by any chance buy this on eBay? 

If so it's probably network blocked also

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@AnonymousLooking at this sentence in your opening post

"There is no place to put the code and the phone remains unlocked."

I presume you mean the phone remains locked?

Apologies for the question but I am just playing catch up...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue I bought a second hand Iphone which was bought from carphone warehouse which are meant to be unlocked the person I bought it from phoned 3 and did everything they said so I coukld use the phone with my 02 simcard after number of trips to the carphone warehouse, 3 and even apple I still can't use the iphone 6 and desperate to get it up and running as my samsung 7 edge has given up the ghost it won't even charge  5 mths before my contract is due to end and I've let the insurance lap grrr only me lol so now without a phone please can you advise me please Im desparate to get iphone working 😞 

Thanks

Caroline 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having the same issue I bought a second hand Iphone which was bought from carphone warehouse which are meant to be unlocked the person I bought it from phoned 3 and did everything they said so I coukld use the phone with my 02 simcard after number of trips to the carphone warehouse, 3 and even apple I still can't use the iphone 6 and desperate to get it up and running as my samsung 7 edge has given up the ghost it won't even charge  5 mths before my contract is due to end and I've let the insurance lap grrr only me lol so now without a phone please can you advise me please Im desparate to get iphone working 😞 

Thanks

Caroline 

If it's locked to Three, only they can unlock it for you I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

IPhones bought from CPW lock to the first sim which is why it's now locked to Three. Only they can get the phone unlocked for you. 

Unfortunately I think you need to get a Three sim card and use it on their network for a couple of days. 

Go on their website and search for unlock and it will tell you exactly what you need to do. 

Message 9 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Try the following link:
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varse...)
There is a link to a form to complete, but it does not state if there is a charge.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 14