Did you mean: 

US Apple Watch 5

MichaelHorn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

I’m thinking of buying a US version of the Apple Watch 5, and I’m wondering if I’ll be able to use the cellular version on O2 in the UK. I’ve checked the LTE bands that the US version supports, and they’re identical to the UK version, apart from missing band 20, which is one of the bands O2 uses. Will I still be able to use the cellular functions of the watch and just have patchy service where towers are using band 20, or will the watch not work at all?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MichaelHorn What you save in cost you may lose in terms of reliability and connectivity. Also be aware that you would most likely have no warranty on the device in the UK, and would probably have to send it back to the US should you need any repair. You should speak to Apple UK about that before you make your purchase.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MichaelHorn 

It's highly unlikely that you'll get satisfactory service.

We know of people who have bough us versions of the iPhone and they haven't worked well at all over here. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MichaelHorn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. Do you know of a map that shows which bands are used where across the country? What’s really tempting me into buying one in the US is that it works out so much cheaper. The cellular version there is only £20 more than the GPS version here.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The Open Signal website is pretty good. Might help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MichaelHorn What you save in cost you may lose in terms of reliability and connectivity. Also be aware that you would most likely have no warranty on the device in the UK, and would probably have to send it back to the US should you need any repair. You should speak to Apple UK about that before you make your purchase.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5