Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to back up iPhone but keeps saying invalid response received

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone been trying to backup my iphone 6 plus but i cant because it keps saying itunes could not connect to the iPhone “Carlos's iPhone” because an invalid response was received from the device.Im trying to back it up to my macbook.Really frustating 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you havnt already,sign out of itunes and the mac book then switch them both off then back on and resign into itunes on both devices and recoonect to phone to mac,worked for me once

Message 2 of 6

Charlieboyoo
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Tried it,no joy.Total waste of time.Nothing but trouble.Wish i never got a new iphone.How am i suppose to transfer my stuff if theres no solution

Message 3 of 6

Charlieboyoo
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Plugged in the new phone.Its a fault with the macbook,its all up to date.But what do i do?no answers on google

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try doing it with a windows pc
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There's quite a lot on Google about this error https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=itunes+could+not+connect+to+the+iPhone+because+an+invalid+res....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6