cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring txt messages from experia S to Iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to transfer txts from my Sony Experia S to my new Iphone 5. Only new phone has active sim card as iv`e just done sim swap. Pleas help as txts on old phone are very precious

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
SMSBack Up Pro off Play onto Sony, do it over WiFi. Back up texts to Gmail account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There are tutorials online.

If you use google it will help detail how to carry out the process.

an example http://www.backuptrans.com/guides/transfer-sms-to-iphone-5-from-sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-neo-ray-min...

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found backuptrans today and downloaded free trial but nothing works on it. It keeps going to pay for a licence key, also saw on the page you can only transfer 20 sms. Very confusing and not sure if I can trust it
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few alternatives.

Look at you tube.

Could you transfer the texts to a sd card, use a sd card reader to trasfer them to your pc if you need to keep them ?

http://droidlessons.com/how-to-backup-contacts-and-sms-to-sd-card-on-android/

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have all data inc txts stored on laptop in sony pc companion, but there files to back up phone only, so assume txts not viewable and its to restore sony phone only. Only thing ive come up with is to buy payg sim for sony and forward to new phone but that would take long time as i can only forward one at a time

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have all data inc txts stored on laptop in sony pc companion, but there files to back up phone only, so assume txts not viewable and its to restore sony phone only. Only thing ive come up with is to buy payg sim for sony and forward to new phone but that would take long time as i can only forward one at a time

@MI5 do you have any workarounds for this person ?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
SMSBack Up Pro off Play onto Sony, do it over WiFi. Back up texts to Gmail account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all ur help

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome.

Take care.

Welcome

Message 9 of 9