cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring O2 Pay & Go phone number to a new O2 Pay & Go mobile phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone4 Pay & Go mobile with O2 that with new apps being written for an iOS that isn't available on older models I've purchased an iPhone 6 O2 Pay & Go mobile. Does this link still work if I want to transfer my O2 mobile number to my new phones sim?

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=22

I have seen a help form that mentions the need for a PAC number and is confusing because another post says you need to select the leave O2 option to get it and it doesn't make sense and I'd rather have it all done on a form like the link. As no other posts seem to mention this method, when others have asked for the same, I thought I'd see if anyone new if this worked. If it does I think it's just what I'm after.

Thanks for any answers.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

That form should still work for what you need to do....

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=22

You dont need your PAC you are not leaving O2.

Actually mine was done instore when I changed from a phone that was only capable of 3G to one that would get 4G. They changed the sim completely and transferred everything over for me, It took 10 minutes start to finish

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cleoriff, just the answer I was looking for.

My phone was ordered yesterday so I can fill in the sim and phone details when it arrives. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Online, in store or over the phone - The result should be the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My son's change from tesco to 02 p+go an can't receive my texts etc does anyone have the number he can text to have the settings sent please
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Text the word "active" to 2020 if he can send texts.
Is it just a text problem or is anything else not working?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6