Did you mean: 

Transfer of SIM from o2 to Virgin

RNK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am transferring my number to Virgin after 15 years with o2.

I received my PAC code which i gave to Virgin on 26.12.19. I received my SIM card and a text from Virgin to say that my PAC code has been confirmed and that my contract ends with my last provider 03.01.2020.

My service with o2 has ended, but when i put in my new SIM card I get the following error message:

SIM Not Supported

The SIM card you currently have installed in this iphone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported network provider or request this iPhone be unlocked by your network provider.

I am now without any phone service and cannot make or receive calls.

I have connected my phone to iTunes and when i try to log onto my o2 account it will not allow me access to my details saying it has sent a code to my number....which no longer has service.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RNK 

You need to get O2 to unlock your phone Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

If you can't send the manual form, call cust service to give them the details Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RNK 

You need to get O2 to unlock your phone Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

If you can't send the manual form, call cust service to give them the details Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

RNK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think I will need to call cust services in the morning 😞
I cannot access my myo2 account and they keeping giving me an error on the form....is it because i no longer have an account?
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The manual form should work but just the same to call in the morning.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

RNK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to contact o2 via live chat and they have placed an unlock on the phone. This will take 72 hours.

they keet telling me that they will text me when it is done, Otto call customer services to find out and then I remind them that I have no phone

so....if you are thinking of leaving and ask o2 what you need, remember to specifically say you need to unlock your phone.... it is not something they will offer themselves. 

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @RNK 

Let us know what happens after 72 hours

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RNK 

All O2 phones are now not locked so it's only older phones that need unlocking, but the process has always been there for the customer to do so.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

RNK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was done the same day, we are all now Virgin customers
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck with Virgin.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9