Did you mean: 

Transfer data to new iPhone XR from iPhone 6 plus

TML
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just been sent my new iPhone XR and have inserted my SIM from my iPhone 6 Plus. None of the contacts, photos, notes or apps (nothing basically) has transferred to the new phone. I was asked to put the phones close so that a data transfer could take place and in the mean time the new phone asked me to do an IOS update as part of the set up; this took ages and when it was complete the data transfer had not happened.

I don't know how to make this happen. Could anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@TML 

Reset the new phone and try again or make a full backup of old phone in iTunes then restore new phone from the backup.

Both phones need to be on the same software level 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

TML
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your answer. I tried going into 'General' and selectin 'Reset' and then 'Reset all settings' but it doesn't change anything or start the set up process again. Should I be selecting something else?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@TML 

Reset the phone and wipe all data. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5