cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason for the lack of iphone 7plus models ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has apple or other sources explained why there is such a lack of 7 plus models available ? 

is it that pre orders have sky rocketed since the 6s release last year i would assume next year would be even bigger given its the anniversary edition.

Is it because people who would buy the samsung note have now decided to go with the new iphone?

could it even be problems similar to the note where production problems could cause this delay?

or could it just be that apple wanted to release the iphone 7 without a huge inventory of stock to take advantage of the current samsung problems.

I'm happy for apple that so many people want to get the new iphone i'm just surprised they have been caught out by this and they must realise people will think twice the next time a new iphone launches.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If apple really wanted to take advantage of Samsungs problems they should at least of prepared for it.

The same thing happened on the release of the 6+ you would have thought they would have learned.

The biggest problem is o2 are not helping the situation by making promises they simply can't keep. Like promising regular text or email updates, and not delivering.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read an article the other day that apparently one of the issues due to the lack of stock is due to shipping issues from china.

A transport company was going bankrupt or something and couldn't pay for the docking fees for the ships etc etc so the iphones where just sitting in the cargo hold at sea unable to be unloaded.

It mentioned a lot of customers in america where noticing that their UPS tracking was showing their item in china, then somewhere else closer to america etc then showing being back at china etc.

So the issue might be more than just apple not producing enough i7 models. 

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would think that if its something outside their control then they would issue a statement about the lack of iphone 7 plus stock and give reasons.

The o2 problem with stock is probably helping apple as people are cancelling their o2 contract and going the unlocked route directly with apple. 

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats changed now apparently.

Apple is apparently only allowing current upgrade members to go via the upgrade programme..not sure if thats just US based but I would assume everywhere else as well.

Theres been several news bits about it on like cnet etc 

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If apple really wanted to take advantage of Samsungs problems they should at least of prepared for it.

The same thing happened on the release of the 6+ you would have thought they would have learned.

The biggest problem is o2 are not helping the situation by making promises they simply can't keep. Like promising regular text or email updates, and not delivering.
Quite literally.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i highly doubt thats true it can take a minimum of 30 days for a container ship to sail from china to the west so im lead to believe apple use ups air cargo for their shipments not boats

Message 7 of 12

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Is this a real question? The reason for there being a lack of iPhone 7 plus models? Ummm I'll take a stab in the dark here... they didn't make enough?😂
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ1982 but why didn't apple make enough did they bring the launch forward and just not have the stock available or the other reasons i and others have mentioned. Its not as straight forward as saying no stock thats it. There are business decisions apple could have made before the launch and they didn't.

Message 9 of 12

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When you're talking iPhone interest it's in the millions. Production on that level to meet demand would need to start months and months in advance. There's no point looking for the esoteric answer when the simple truth is enough. They didn't make enough to supply demand.

Message 10 of 12