O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

Re: The iPhone Unlock thread- Post your unlock questions her

Received a text today saying iPhone is unlatched and to connect to iTunes with non O2 sim but still no joy?

Just a quick question:
If i find a sim card that is active and loaded with more than £15: Is it possible to insert this sim card in an iphone 3g(bought in the uk) in Germany and use the unlock form to unlock the iphone that's active in Germany.
(The original sim card was never activated, a friend of mine bought it 2 years ago)
Thanks

Burnsboy Wrote:-
Hi all, purchased an iPhone 3GS from ebay for my girlfriend got a pay & go sim card from O2 topped up with £20 and connected it to iTunes made 3 calls and filled in the online unlocking form last Wednesday, received no confirmation email but the £15 had been taken by Friday night, Saturday morning received text saying successfully unlocked not even 4 days after filling in unlock form Connected to iTunes (with O2 sim) and did a restore this took approx 10 minutes to download software, once complete received your iPhone is now unlocked message Inserted Vodafone sim and did a re-sync with iTune and all now works fine on Vodafone. Just thought everyone might need to hear a step by step successfull story rather than all the problems others have experienced. Good luck
Burnsboy, Just a note to say I bought my 3GS off my company last week when I left. I did not have the original O2 sim to receive the text message. So I did exactly as you did above and and paid £20 for a PAYG sim on Tuesday filled out the form Tuesday evening. They took the £15 last night and whoopee got my text this morning saying I was unlocked. I put my Orange Sim into the 3GS and synced with Itunes and everything in the garden is rosy again. I cannot thank you enough. Keep up the good work!!
cheers
Kieron
Level 3: Thinker

Just a quick question:
If i find a sim card that is active and loaded with more than £15: Is it possible to insert this sim card in an iphone 3g(bought in the uk) in Germany and use the unlock form to unlock the iphone that's active in Germany.
(The original sim card was never activated, a friend of mine bought it 2 years ago)

You have to have made some recent calls and I don't think it works roaming them from outside UK

Hi everybody,
bought an Iphone 4 form O2 2 weeks ago. I cant unlock it now, even tho ppl saying they managed to. i got more than 20£ credit, and i filled the form twice... i get a txt saying "we'r unbable to unlock your iphone please visist ..." fact is i cant even load that page coz im in italy, and O2 wont let me surf the whole site >< maybe i never registered the Sim to my name and surname? the sim is actually working and i made 2 phone calls to provide most common numbers i used... please help me =/

fact is i cant even load that page coz im in italy,

I believe the calls have to be made in the UK not roaming outside the O2 network
Highlighted

OK! People.
The WAIT is OVER!
O2 has officially started unlocking the iPhone 4 from DEC 6. Got a mail from them with procedure to follow and now my iPhone 4 is unlocked to any carrier!
Contact your O2 customer support via phone or email for details.
Happy Holidays!

Funny
I just got told that they can't unlock my iPhone 4
Can someone point me in the right direction please
Thanks

OK! People.
The WAIT is OVER!
O2 has officially started unlocking the iPhone 4 from DEC 6. Got a mail from them with procedure to follow and now my iPhone 4 is unlocked to any carrier!
Happy Holidays!

Any chance of seeing this email you got
Thanks

OK! People.
The WAIT is OVER!
Happy Holidays!

Any chance of seeing this email you got
Thanks

http://www.o2.co.uk/unlockmyiphone