cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The iPhone 7 is Officially Here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally the iPhone 7 has arrived in all its glory. On Wednesday I watched the live feed with CEO Tim Cook presenting the new iPhone. Months of speculation, rumours and leaked photos can now be cast aside as we get to talk about the official new innovations and changes.

The Design – The design is very similar to the iPhone 6. The camera design on the back is the only big difference on a visual level.  The phone will come in five colours including two new blacks. These are Black, Jet Black, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold. The Jet Black in particular looks very cool and different to the last few colour designs of the previous generations. A nice new feature is the anti-splash. Getting water on your iPhone made it very difficult to use so it is great that if you get caught in the rain you can still effectively use your phone. The Home Button has been updated and now has force touch, which means there is no more clicking. This feature is very similar to the recent MacBook Laptops.

iPhone 7 Headphones

The Camera - the camera has been greatly improved and is 12MP with an optical image stabilisation, an f/1.8 aperture which will allow 50% more light into the camera sensor and a six-element lens. As seen in the leaked photos the iPhone Plus will have a duel camera system, the 12MP which is on the iPhone7 and a 12MP telephoto camera. This allows for optical zoom which will make the iPhone Plus camera the most powerful phone camera on the market.

Performance – The iPhone 7 comes with a new A10 Fusion processor. According to Apple this will be 40% faster than last year’s chip. The display is 25% brighter and has 3D touch, which will make using the interface easier. The battery is only two hours longer than the iPhone 6, I was hoping for a bit more but this follows what the rumours were saying.

The Headphone Jack and AirPods - Ok this is the big one and has been causing the biggest controversy over the Internet. It is true (as we all knew it would be) that Apple have removed the Headphone Jack and replaced it with another speaker. This has caused a bit of a stir with many people outraged by this. Yet I’m going to defend it and say why I think it is a good idea. Wireless headphones are the future and there is already a large market out there for them.  Also Apple has provided an adapter so you can connect your old headphones to the lightning socket.

iPhone 7 Headphones

Which leads us on to the AirPods. These are the wireless earphones that Apple are providing with the phone and they have some very cool technology. These headphones come with the Apple W1 chip that will provide clear sounds and let you control your phone and iWatch via your voice. The Pods will lock on to the nearest device automatically. They also come with a portable charging set that should mean people never run out of battery while using them.  I also like the feature that they know when they are in your ear so that if they do fall out your music stops, too.

The Price - the 32GB will start at £719, the 128 will £819 and the 256 will be a whooping £919. The standalone prices are pretty steep as expected with a new model and I imagine most buyers will get the phone on contract. Also it is great Apple got rid of the 16GB version. With the technology that comes with this new device the memory would have disappeared fast.

Conclusion

The rumours were true. Actually it is surprising how much got leaked before the official launch date. The phone looks great and I love the new colours especially the Jet Black. Performance wise I think the phone has enough new futures to justified an upgrade.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also watched the keynote last week and don't recall any wireless earpods looking like those in your photo. Neither do I recall such things being included with a new iPhone 7.

Have I missed something?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for pointing this out. Image has been updated slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You should also make it clear that these AirPods do NOT come free when you buy an iPhone 7. When they are eventually released, late October, they will be £159.

Message 4 of 4