cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from old SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to get text messages and such from an old SIM card through O2?

I've been locked out of my Snapchat account and without the number I can't verify and then chance the number to my current one. I've contacted Snapchat support as well but they require a "Recovery Code" which they didnt send; and the only way to generate one is through being logged into the account.

So I was wondering if I could get the code from the verification text with help from O2 to change my account to my current phone number.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 don't save any text messages but if you still have the old sim and the message was saved to it, you can put it In a phone to read the texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 don't save any text messages but if you still have the old sim and the message was saved to it, you can put it In a phone to read the texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. I kinda thought that was the case. I don't have the SIM anymore I don't think....

Thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 3