Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Topics: 578
Solutions: 4,191

Re: Terrible 3G Speeds

Locked into a 2 year contract isn't good when the coverage is poor but we always advocate trying it out first with different network sims rather than relying on coverage maps.

Anonymous

I was on EE a year or so ago and had great 3G speeds in my area and was getting 4G then!

I switched to o2 last year and the speeds were ok up until a couple of months ago. I noticed that i couldnt stream videos or music.

i recently swapped my phone on o2 refresh when the iphone 6 came out and that hasnt improved anything so im guessing its something out of my control. I have to say though, i love paying £48 a month for service this bad!

Level 69: Guiding Light

Well as you're on Refresh you could pay off the phone and go back to EE, couldn't you?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Anonymous

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have they given us any timeframe for completion?

They fail to mention these things to you when you take your 2 year contract out.

I've given up. No schedule so moved to EE with my P&G account!

Ditto!

I'm still waiting for my port to go through today but cant wait for my handset to show 3G......its been such a long time!!!

Anonymous

I don't have £480 lying around to get out of my contract which should do what I'm paying for in the first place
Highlighted

I understand that many people don't have the disposable income to shell out that amount in one go, but in ten month's time, you'll have paid that much and still have a bad signal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Topics: 113

@Bambino wrote:

I understand that many people don't have the disposable income to shell out that amount in one go, but in ten month's time, you'll have paid that much and still have a bad signal.

And the good news is ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have £480 lying around to get out of my contract which should do what I'm paying for in the first place

I know how you feel.

After 3 months of no 3G signal and the service status showing "high demand" in my area, i threatened O2 with deadlock as i felt they were in breach of their T's & C's (mostly section 2.2) for not providing an adequate level of service and recieved over a 50% discounted early termination figure.

Raise an official complaint through the link below and point out their failings.....you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain Smiley Happy

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

And the good news is ?

There isn't any good news?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Topics: 113

@Bambino ......But this is supposed to be a help forum !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"