cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible 3G Speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue. I get terrible 3G speeds when out and about on my iphone. Im paying for 20gb a month but i can barely use it. Im getting download speeds of 1-2mbps with upload speeds of 2-3mbps.

Its frustrating enough that we still dont have 4G in my area, but my 3G speeds is like being on dial up!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Locked into a 2 year contract isn't good when the coverage is poor but we always advocate trying it out first with different network sims rather than relying on coverage maps.

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on EE a year or so ago and had great 3G speeds in my area and was getting 4G then!

I switched to o2 last year and the speeds were ok up until a couple of months ago. I noticed that i couldnt stream videos or music.

i recently swapped my phone on o2 refresh when the iphone 6 came out and that hasnt improved anything so im guessing its something out of my control. I have to say though, i love paying £48 a month for service this bad!

Message 12 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Well as you're on Refresh you could pay off the phone and go back to EE, couldn't you?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have they given us any timeframe for completion?

They fail to mention these things to you when you take your 2 year contract out.

I've given up. No schedule so moved to EE with my P&G account!

Ditto!

I'm still waiting for my port to go through today but cant wait for my handset to show 3G......its been such a long time!!!

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have £480 lying around to get out of my contract which should do what I'm paying for in the first place
Message 15 of 22

Bambino
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I understand that many people don't have the disposable income to shell out that amount in one go, but in ten month's time, you'll have paid that much and still have a bad signal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I understand that many people don't have the disposable income to shell out that amount in one go, but in ten month's time, you'll have paid that much and still have a bad signal.

And the good news is ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have £480 lying around to get out of my contract which should do what I'm paying for in the first place

I know how you feel.

After 3 months of no 3G signal and the service status showing "high demand" in my area, i threatened O2 with deadlock as i felt they were in breach of their T's & C's (mostly section 2.2) for not providing an adequate level of service and recieved over a 50% discounted early termination figure.

Raise an official complaint through the link below and point out their failings.....you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain slight_smile

Message 18 of 22

Bambino
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

And the good news is ?

There isn't any good news?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Bambino ......But this is supposed to be a help forum !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 22