cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible 3G Speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue. I get terrible 3G speeds when out and about on my iphone. Im paying for 20gb a month but i can barely use it. Im getting download speeds of 1-2mbps with upload speeds of 2-3mbps.

Its frustrating enough that we still dont have 4G in my area, but my 3G speeds is like being on dial up!

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Until O2 finish upgrading their network many areas are suffering from mast congestion. My speeds here are half those unfortunately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Until O2 finish upgrading their network many areas are suffering from mast congestion. My speeds here are half those unfortunately.

Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have they given us any timeframe for completion?

They fail to mention these things to you when you take your 2 year contract out.

Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Completion by end of 2017 - Some areas will be earlier but no map showing which areas and when I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have published their Network Future plans but of course this doesn't help people suffering now.

Link to said plans http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

Has your connection speeds always been restricted or are you a new O2 customer.

Sometimes we do suggest a person tries out a payg SIM card to test the network out.

You can report the masts via the MYNETWORK App to let O2 know of your issues.

Sometimes a sim swap at any O2 shop can help and if you have a local Apple Store then via an appointment a Genius Bar can run a diagnostic for you.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

And it try your sim in another 4g compatible phone as a process of elimination.

Make sure with O2 customer services via 202 that your on iData settings.

If it is mast congestion then theirs nothing you can do at your end I'm afraid.
Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Have they given us any timeframe for completion?

They fail to mention these things to you when you take your 2 year contract out.

I've given up. No schedule so moved to EE with my P&G account!

Message 6 of 22

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 have published their Network Future plans but of course this doesn't help people suffering now.

Link to said plans http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

..O2 have provided that link but it gives NO details as to what areas are going to be affected - no help whatsoever! D'oh!

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe O2 are aiming for 98% 4G coverage by the end of 2015.

Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I've given up. No schedule so moved to EE with my P&G account!

Fortunately for you, you were in a position to do this.

Not a damn thing the customer can do about congestion and as this is a 20gb tariff it's clearly a new one and locked in for 2 years, unless within the cooling off period?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

..O2 have provided that link but it gives NO details as to what areas are going to be affected - no help whatsoever! D'oh!

Exactly what we are saying - No timeframes at all 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22