Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch voicemail off!

Jacey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m working from home for a bank call centre and I need to have my voicemail switched off! I’ve tried ringing but it just hangs up cause it’s not an emergency! I’ve tried twitter where I was giving a number to call 1706 but it says it cannot be switched off and I need to call the contact centre! (Which obviously doesn’t work) I mentioned this on twitter and I’ve had no response since! I’ve tried Facebook messanger who aren’t replying unless your vulnerable! So I’m becoming extremely frustrated!! Can anyone help! I need it done ASAP! The only thing I can find on the website is how to activate it!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Jacey 

You are dialling the wrong number.

To switch VM On, dial 1750 from your mobile and to switch 'OFF' dial 1760.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Jacey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff it says it can’t be switched off and I need to call the contact centre!
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Jacey wrote:
Hi @Cleoriff it says it can’t be switched off and I need to call the contact centre!

Sadly there is no other advice we can offer. There is something wrong if you can't turn Voicemail off. The guide is fully comprehensive and gives you other options about diverts etc.

Have you got WiFi calling on? If so, turn it off and see if VM can be turned off then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Jacey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help! Nothing in regards to having problems turning voicemail off! I’ve tried the wifi calling option on and off but still get the same message when I dial the number! Thanks for your help @Cleoriff
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Sorry I couldn't help more @Jacey 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Only customer service can sort this out for you by resetting the voicemail and disconnecting wifi at their end and adding it again after 24 hours depending whether your phone actually supports wifi calling.

Message 7 of 7