cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped Samsung to Iphone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I swapped my phone from Samsung to iphone 5c this afternoon. Put my new Sim into new phone about 4pm. I've stayed with O2 and same number, same deal but £1 dearer. I thought it would have swapped over to new phone by now but my Samsung is still working although when it beeps to say text received it won't show me them. I'm also getting all introductory texts from O2 to my old phone New phone says No Service at the top left corner.  I think I completed all the things iphone asked me to, location, signed into icloud, etc. So my question is, does it take longer for swap over than few hours? Last swap was 2 years ago to samsung and chap at shop did all stuff for me so quite unsure in this instance.

Thank you and apologies if this has been answered previously and especially if in wrong forum, I did check but couldn't see anything similar. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122896 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Cleoriff, can you tell you're talking to an technological incompetent? Smiley Embarassed Smiley Very Happy Switching on and off like a mad woman here but just know with my luck there will be some problem!. I stuck with my samsung for 22 months even though it rarely worked just because I couldn't face asking questions in phone shop anymore!

Jonsie, thank you again for link. Just had text to my old phone to say 'Thank you, we have received your request to swap your sim. This can take up to 24 hours.' so fingers crossed. Going up North for few days tomorrow so would be nice to have a working phone

Listen @Anonymous ....dont put yourself down. There is only one technophobe on here and I claim that crown :smileywink:..

You are lucky that I just happened to know what reboot meant (having asked the question myself just over a year ago...)

Anyway...now you have found the forum and realise there are a lot of experts here (not me) please come back any time and ask anything...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How is it this morning G-Mack ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone who helped me out. My phone is now up and running. I spoke to Kate on the live chat just a few minutes ago and she took me through the steps. I had to put itunes onto my laptop. Cleoriff you'd have loved my messages to Kate asking what a usb cable was?! Smiley Embarassed

Anyway thank you all for your nice and calm help last night which stopped me from throwing new phone off the wall. I'm sure I'll be back, especially as I've just discovered the iphone doesn't have a radio!! Away for wee holiday now. X

Message 13 of 23

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

especially as I've just discovered the iphone doesn't have a radio!! Away for wee holiday now. X

Tune in Radio app from app store wink

Enjoy your hols...... slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

See, you're all on a mission to stop me disliking this new technology!! wink Many thanks MI5.

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

British radios first to come up, is that best one?

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Made an executive decision and downloaded!! Thank you again MI5

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Never tried that one but let us know what it's like slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Glad you are all sorted now. See how everything is much clearer in the cold light of day! Enjoy your phone now slight_smile

Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122896 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Made an executive decision and downloaded!! Thank you again MI5

@Anonymous...Thanks for making me laugh... "asking Kate what a USB cable was"....LOL

Do come back onto this forum...I may hand over my technophobia crown...Oh no...strike that...I wont ...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23