Struggling to solve this, so wanted to open it out for possible help.
I'll bullet point it in an attempt to keep it simple:
- I've been an O2 customer for at least 8 years on a constant contract.
- I have an old iPhone 4S from 2011 which I would like to get unlocked.
- I requested an unlock using the online form, which was declined.
- I was told (a) I didn't get the phone from O2 and (b) I had never used the phone with O2.
- I then remembered (a) was correct - my original 4S came from O2 but I replaced it with an out-of-warranty repair (in reality, a replacement phone) direct from the Apple Store at Covent Garden.
- Point (b) is incorrect because I continued to use the replacement phone on my O2 for some time.
- Eventually, I gave this phone to my Mother to use with her O2 SIM which she has been doing for approx. 3 years.
- My Mother has now replaced that phone, has given it back to me, and I now wish to unlock it.
- (For clarity - the phone is *definitely* locked to O2).
O2 won't unlock the phone for the reasons stated.
Is there any way I can legitimately get this phone unlocked by O2? If so - how?
Many thanks for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.