cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound quality on iPhone 6plus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi has anyone else noticed the sound quality on the iPhone 6 plus? I watching a movie last night and it sounded very echoy. I did try another app and that was OK so wondering if it's just that particular thing or if anyone else had experience this. It what the sky go app that was the problem.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I haven't got the iPhone 6 plus, I have the iPhone 6, and I have found the sound to be perfect - a lot better than the iPhone 5s.  If you think that it is not normal, then you should make an appointment at your local Apple store to get them to test it.  If it is faulty they may repair it or replace it.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could of been the steaming connection if other sites are fine. Maid it happens again and more regularly then reset the iPhone.

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi has anyone else noticed the sound quality on the iPhone 6 plus? I watching a movie last night and it sounded very echoy. I did try another app and that was OK so wondering if it's just that particular thing or if anyone else had experience this. It what the sky go app that was the problem.

I would guess the echhoy sound was due to compression with the streaming.

Best way to try out the sound is to play some music you have on your iPhone, or failing that, head over to iTunes and listen to a preview of some songs on there.

I have the 6 Plus and I find the sound quality to be very good, definite improvment over my 5S.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone I think it may have been that particular film I was watching as everything else seems to be OK.
Will try it on another connection to see if it's any better.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure now the sound on music and Netflix is fine. Tried the sky go app again on another Wi-Fi connection that particular program I was watching still sounds a little funny. Gonna try a different channel later when I get home
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay.

I hope this is just a glitch with the site and all is well.
Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

If the sound is interrupted in anyway it could cause odd factors like doubled up sound or mismatched frames.

Essentially all you do is retry until the streaming is normal. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks @anticpated I will it.
Just try another channel on shy go and it's still the same. Think Wi-Fi is a bit pants
Message 9 of 9