cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound like a Darlek

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my phone checked by apple and they say its fine, yet in and out when I phone different people from London to Bristol and even Plymouth I get told I sound like a darlek, we end our call and the person then phones me back and the phone is fine, my end is OK its just the receiver. I was wandering if anyone else gets this as so far I have found three other people who do and they are both on 02. Anyone help me with this as 02 replaced my sim card but I'm still getting the problem.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It's a common-ish enough problem and I've experienced it on EE mostly... Basically it's due to poor/weak signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It's a common-ish enough problem and I've experienced it on EE mostly... Basically it's due to poor/weak signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what else could be done if it's a network based issue.

Can you try another alternative networks sim in your iPhone and make some calls to the your contacts ?
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok I'm a little baffled as to how the guru in 02 has never heard of this happening yet I've found three people in a space of 2 weeks with this problem. Thanks for your input 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
O2 "Guru's" aren't really Guru's at all..... wink

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol.......I was wandering.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You're much better off coming here for help in future. The only things we can't help with are specific account issues as we can't access your details (for security reasons) but anything else can be covered from our helpful, knowledgeable members slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do....Thankyou 🙂

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 145072 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Good luck and see you soon slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Have you tried switching to 2g only?
If this is a 3G connection it could be congestion!
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 12