cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have smashed my screen,can I get it repaired if it is still under the 1 year warranty

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If you have bought one of the phones included in the offer of a free screen replacement, yes.
If not, no, sorry.
https://www.o2.co.uk/screenreplacement

Warranty only covers manufacturing defects and product failures that are not caused by user damage or neglect.

You can check home or bank account insurance as they might cover you if not insured directly on a mobile policy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If you have bought one of the phones included in the offer of a free screen replacement, yes.
If not, no, sorry.
https://www.o2.co.uk/screenreplacement

Warranty only covers manufacturing defects and product failures that are not caused by user damage or neglect.

You can check home or bank account insurance as they might cover you if not insured directly on a mobile policy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Unfortunately Mi5 is correct-

If you do not have one of the free replacement schemes you will have to pay as I did when I dropped my 4 month old iPhone 6 a few years back.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just curious. How long did it take for o2 to repair your screen?

Message 4 of 4