cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slingbox O2 blocking over 4G / 3G ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys

I have a slingbox and all works fine. Apart from on O2 and over a 4G or 3G network on my iPhone 6. I know it's not my router settings or home network because I have another iPhone a version 5 that works over 3G on EE.

This did use to work until about a month ago over O2 network have there been any changes recently?
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Another thread on the forum where this issue was resolved...it may be helpful?

"I sometimes get this, especially if my router or slingbox has been restarted. Try going through the setup process on your slingbox for remote viewing, and then try again"

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Slingbox-on-3G/m-p/341154/highlight/tr...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi cleoriff. I saw this and it did not work. The issues is the Internet connection is also working fine over EE however not on my iPhone 6 on O2. The EE device is my work phone.

As I said I did have this working in the past and nothing has changed. I could only connect over 3G though but I think that was because O2 said there were 4G restrictions.
Message 3 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then I am stumped if honest....I actually did a google search and found all sorts of instances where Slingbox works over Vodaphone 3G but not Giffgaff 3G (or others) There is also an article on port forwarding....but not sure this would have any effect as you say you have had this working in the past. I will leave this to one of our technical experts... @MI5 or @viridis  (pr anyone else for that matter):smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks yeah the port fwd works otherwise it would not work on EE or in the past I think there is a network change on O2 end has to be. Do they supply answers on here or do I have to use the chat feature??
Message 5 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was hoping one of our technical experts would help but they appear to be offline at the moment. I would avoid Live Chat of honest, they are only good for the most basic queries. You could try a chat with an O2 Guru and see if they can help?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/guru

If you get this sorted could you come back and let us know please?

(A link about the gurus here) http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-Gurus-We-want-to-hear-from-you/m-p/872997/highl...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
To be honest, I dont know anything about slingbacks and anything I write would be just via a Google search.
Sorry.
Message 7 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
To be honest, I dont know anything about slingbacks and anything I write would be just via a Google search.
Sorry.

I called you a technical expert @viridis and you talk about 'slingbacks'... (was it an autocorrect fail?) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah auto correct.
Can't be arsed to fix it
Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys for the feedback thus far. I really think it's an O2 issue or a setting I'm not sure about purely because it works on EE with the same settings I even changed to port away from 5001 to 5201 and changed it to TCP away from UDP. O2 still does not work EE does. Anyone know the APN port O2 uses for data the last thing I could try. I hope a guru reads this post. Or can I copy this post to another section. I don't have to go to a store do I?
Message 10 of 38