cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky email won't send unless on wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys.

I'm having a weird issue with sending email from my Sky email account on my iPhone. I've had the issue for a while but put it down to an issue with the email provider.

I have my Sky email account on my iPhone and also on my iPad. On my iPad I am able to send and receive emails to my Sky email with no problems.

However on my iPhone I cannot send email (from my Sky email) if I am not on wifi. If I try to send an email from my Sky email when not on wifi, the email gets put in my Outbox on my iPhone and also a little popup appears saying username or password are incorrect (or words to that affect).

I suspect the issue/conflict is to do with the iPhone using O2's mobile data network to send the email and also the Outgoing SMTP of the Sky email. The Outgoing SMTP settings are identical on both my iPhone and also the iPad, the only thing that differs is the iPad is on wifi whereas the iPhone is regularly on mobile data.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and found a fix or is there a way to add an secondary outgoing SMTP for O2 mobile data network?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@browni wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@browni wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Something has changed quite recently as I can no longer send/receive via webmail using my main O2 email address even though I can still access the account via webmail (I transferred from O2BB to SkyBB).

When you login to webmail what email address does it show on the top LHS?

There's no email address top LHS but there is at top RHS....my original main address shows with a drop-down that reveals both secondary addresses.

A week or so ago I could send and receive but obviously O2 have made some changes recently so although access is still there, send and receive just do not happen now.

Sounds as if you are using the Sky|Yahoo webmail service to access your O2 email. Are you able access O2 webmail directly?

Try this link but it may require a couple of logon attempts:

http://www.mail.o2.co.uk/Login.jsp?app=mail

Did you get this sorted?

#siwy
Message 21 of 24

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@browni sorry I missed your post of 24/12.

I am using the page that you linked but I have just tried again and this time it is live on the send but it is dead on the receive. So via O2 webmail I can send to my gmail address but sending from my gmail address nothing shows up in my O2 webmail.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 24

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@browni sorry I missed your post of 24/12.

I am using the page that you linked but I have just tried again and this time it is live on the send but it is dead on the receive. So via O2 webmail I can send to my gmail address but sending from my gmail address nothing shows up in my O2 webmail.

So, now we have O2 Email, SkyYahoo email and Gmail involved.

Gawd I need a tylenol..

#siwy
Message 23 of 24

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No.....I don't use Sky/Yahoo email.

Currently I only use Gmail addresses......the O2 webmail was used only for testing if O2 still had their email servers live and to see if my main O2 address was still live.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 24 of 24