cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap disaster. Hating o2 right now, someone help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok. Here goes. So I have been with o2 many years. I had an o2 refresh contract. Let's call it contract 1 

I wanted a 6s so found a good deal via carphone warehouse with a new o2 monthly contract. I purchased this. Call it contract 2. 

I rang o2 to ask for my contract 1 to be cancelled , and my number swapped from 1 to 2, so I not have to update everyone. 

I I was on the phone for an hour! At the end of the conversation the woman said the system was too slow, when I asked to speak to a supervisor she hung up on me! I then rang back again, got through to a lovely man who said she sorted it out and to allow 24hours for the number swap. 

24hour passed, I left it another 2 hours, but still was not receiving any messages or calls, and when I rang/called people, it still had me on the unwanted new number. 

Went onto o2 chat, the guy told me that the request was made to change to the new number. So I fact nothing was done at all. He said he could fix it. 

Apparently it would be rectified in 2 hours. 

Pits now been nearly 4 hours. 

Pecan anyone help me? ? O2 clearly don't want to even though they have had a small fortune from me over the years. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As far as I can see it you have two choices.

You can do the sim swap yourself using this form http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Or you could go instore with both phones and let them do the whole thing for you. Far easier and much faster.

I know you could phone CS again but they haven't been much help so far?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the form and the text number. Both say it is unable to process , to phone cs. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to them yesterday . 

I work full time so I'm not Ble to go to an o2 shop when it's open either. 

Debating cancelling it it all since I'm still in my 14 days and moving to EE 

Useless bints in the CS. 

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried the form and the text number. Both say it is unable to process , to phone cs. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to them yesterday . 

I work full time so I'm not Ble to go to an o2 shop when it's open either. 

Debating cancelling it it all since I'm still in my 14 days and moving to EE 

Useless bints in the CS. 

Hi...I have just looked at the form and I can tell you it probably wont work for a while. The link part of the website is down for maintenance. This happens every night about this time and usually lasts for 30 mins or so. You may want to try again later before you give up entirely

By the way CS are open from 8am in the morning. . between then and 8.30 is the best time to try

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the form earlier. It doesnt say it down it says it cannot perform a swap for my sim. 

I pic work full time . 8.45 - 6. So I'm not going to waste my lunch again and after work , again, trying to get help. 

just going to cancel the contract. Move somewhere with actual knowledge of CS 

poty thry hey have just lost a family of 7 members with this. 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If I may just point out, you cannot sim swap as it's not a sim swap you are trying to do. It's a contract change and cancellation so only CS can help you.
You need to persevere and keep trying 202 until you get someone who can help you, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If I may just point out, you cannot sim swap as it's not a sim swap you are trying to do. It's a contract change and cancellation so only CS can help you.
You need to persevere and keep trying 202 until you get someone who can help you, sorry.

So contract 1 hasn't been cancelled then? That would explain the problem ... (I was under the impression the OP had cancelled) Duh wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Transferring the number to contract 2 will cancel contract 1, but this needs to be done simultaneously or else the original number from contract 1 will be lost forever.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PeevedOff! Welcome to the community. 

I am Meri, the Community Coordinator . Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. Please try to call 202 to get your contract cancelled and if you don't have luck with that feel free to PM me your details and I will see what can be done

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous how are you getting on with this?
Message 10 of 10