cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card stuck in iPhone 6 (without tray)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Bit of a disaster this morning. I recieved my new iPhone 6 from O2 and a regular-sized sim. Obviously the regular sized sim would not fit and I needed to cut it down to a nano sim. I've never done this before and it was very frustrating. Anyway, as I was trying to fit the nano sim into the sim tray, the sim card fell into the phone WITHOUT being secured in the sim tray and now the sim card is lodged firmly inside the iPhone.

I tried to pull it back out but unfortuntely all I seem to have done is push it further in.

No idea what to do now. Help

B.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently so, but using the below image to illustrate, I recieved the standard sim, which was very easy to 'pop out' into a Micro sim, but I couldn't then 'pop this out' (for lack of a better term) into a Nano sim. And if it was possible then I've obviously made a mistake, but I did try, and then just assumed I had to modify it myself. Tried retrieving the sim with a paperclip but no luck. 

It would be easier for me to access an O2 store as opposed to an Apple store. Would they be able to help? 

Thanks for the replies. slight_smile

Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

A bit of a mess to be honest.  Apple store is your best option. You obviously can't return the phone so you need to try and get the sim out without damage. If tweezers or tapping it on the palm of your hand doesn't dislodge it then Apple it is.

Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The two nearest Apple stores have no Genius reservations available. The calander by which you select an appointment goes up to 20th November and they're all greyed out.   

Don't know

Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. The two nearest Apple stores have no Genius reservations available. The calander by which you select an appointment goes up to 20th November and they're all greyed out.   

Don't know

Try an O2 store first @Anonymous. If this is nearest... They do have few techy experts who could at least try...

You have said earlier that Apple are too far away. One point...if an O2 store advisor can't do it...do NOT let them send it away...you will have to go to Apple at that point..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I will try an O2 store first (the nearest one is luckily 10 minutes or so away). Maybe tomorrow, but most likely Monday. I can update this thread in case anyone else meets a similar issue in future.

Hopefully my old phone and sim will remain usable in the meantime (just upgraded)... 

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes please come back and update @Anonymous. I know my local O2 store can remove sims which become 'stuck'... (My son had to take his in many months ago) Rolleys

I reiterate though if they can't do it instore...do not let them send it away. Apple must do this...  Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If they are able to help then get a free sim there and they will also do the number change for you.

Message 17 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This thread is exactly why sim cutting should be left to professionals with the correct tools.
Message 18 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

With triple sims already pre cut and available either in store or by post it's totally unnecessary.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently so, but using the below image to illustrate, I recieved the standard sim, which was very easy to 'pop out' into a Micro sim, but I couldn't then 'pop this out' (for lack of a better term) into a Nano sim. And if it was possible then I've obviously made a mistake, but I did try, and then just assumed I had to modify it myself. Tried retrieving the sim with a paperclip but no luck. 

It would be easier for me to access an O2 store as opposed to an Apple store. Would they be able to help? 

Thanks for the replies. slight_smile

can you take a picture of the package your sim came in please just to confirm it was not the standard , micro and nano pack o2 normally send out

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 20