cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep my number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got an iPhone 6 last week, whilst waiting for a discount to be applied I set up a number of apps on my new phone with its new number. In some cases this involved data syncing from my old 4S. In a lot of cases I had to enter my new phone number in the app's Settings. My question is -- is it worth transferring my old number to my new iPhone? I'm concerned it will give me a headache and I could potentially lose data and/or have to re-set or merge my apps. I have timekeeping apps I use for my business, banking apps, photos, a calendar and tasks app, passwords app, Napster etc as well as the obvious Messages, Contacts, Facebook etc. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Up to you. If you feel you need the old one, put it in motion and deal with each little nuance as it occurs. If you feel it's no biggie, carry on as you are.
Good luck either way.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as everyone important has your new number then you may as well use it.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only you know how important your old number is to you.
Changing phone numbers / sim cards is not usually a big issue for me as I do it regularly, but that is on Android phones. No idea if it's more of a PITA on iOS....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ditched my old number after 6 years of using it! Over those 6 years the amount of spam calls increased in intensity and the last spam call I had the pleasure of taking was a woman arguing with me that I had had a car accident a year previously..... Hadnt even passed my test then so would have been a little difficult.

Kept my new number and just alerted those who were important.

Spam calls arent an issue now 😅
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently ditched my old number after 6 years of using it! Over those 6 years the amount of spam calls increased in intensity and the last spam call I had the pleasure of taking was a woman arguing with me that I had had a car accident a year previously..... Hadnt even passed my test then so would have been a little difficult.

Kept my new number and just alerted those who were important.

Spam calls arent an issue now 😅

I find it strange that my O2 number seems to be known to all the scamming people yet my ee number doesn't have a problem. 

Message 6 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

I noticed an increase in spam calls several years back after joining three. They seem to have died off a little now, but I too have been in some amount of accidents. They have been so bad that I don't recall having them wink

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:

I noticed an increase in spam calls several years back after joining three. They seem to have died off a little now, but I too have been in some amount of accidents. They have been so bad that I don't recall having them wink

Exact same network with me too!

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions