cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking o2 customer care

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just over a year into my 24 month contract with o2 and my iPhone 6 developed a software fault which caused people not being able to hear me when I called them. The apple shop told me to contact o2 for a new device or to have it fixed. I looked on the forums to find that o2 would take into account the device was JUST over a year old so I rang them and explained only to be told "it's not our problem" shocking !! Their answer was to either let them fix it at a cost it buy a new device ! I really feel let down by o2 as I've been a loyal customer for years with no problems and as they state, they do do take into account extreme set instances ie the phone being just out of warranty. Shame on you o2 !!
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunately not 

please read this thread and go back to o2 customer services 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exte...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely o2 would take this into account ???
Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunately not 

please read this thread and go back to o2 customer services 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exte...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pity you are just out of your 12 month warranty. slight_frown

However you would be wise to take it back to Apple for repair in my opinion. O2 use Anova to repair  phones and they dont have a good reputation. At least with Apple it will be fixed by someone who knows about the phone https://www.apple.com/uk/support/contact/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's Apple who sets the length of its warranty period, not O2, so you're really complaining in the wrong place. If you look at the link @adamtemp64 posted, you'll see that most other manufacturer's warranties are 24 months. Also, as @Cleoriff has said, you don't really want to be sending your phone to O2 for repair anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice everyone
Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 shouldn't be providing phones on a 2 year contract without any form of support though.
I would escalate to complaints if it is just a genuine fault and not user damage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer law suggests all electronic goods must be covered for 6 years. I would go back to Apple and notify them that they are breaking the law.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Consumer law suggests all electronic goods must be covered for 6 years. I would go back to Apple and notify them that they are breaking the law.

Not entirely true.

Only if you can prove a manufacturing defect that was present entire at rime of purchase.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple are very shy of agreeing to a manufacturing issue but they are far better to deal with than the 02 repair company, Ive seen all sorts of terrible issues with them. If you are forced to use them get apple to document the fault and take photos and video evidence of the condition your phone is in and if tracking and insurance isn't provided pay extra for it ( o2 might do so that I don't know )
Message 10 of 11