cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup my old Series 5 Watch for my child, no mobile data.

Jbutleruk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

Like many of the posts here, I have upgraded my watch, and now have an older series 5 one. I reset it and then set it up for my 8 year old son on my phone under the apple family app.

It is working fine, but it doesnt have mobile data. I am paying for a data plan for this device so how do i fix that?

I have an apple phone myself working fine with an apple ultra watch also working and a series 5 linked to this same number and thats not got mobile data. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

You would need ANOTHER watch data plan for the S5 (the "old" one has been upgraded to your new watch) and a mobile SIM plan to link it to @Jbutleruk 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

You would need ANOTHER watch data plan for the S5 (the "old" one has been upgraded to your new watch) and a mobile SIM plan to link it to @Jbutleruk 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 8

Jbutleruk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I still see two plans. I have a Sync-2 and a Sync-3 device associated with my phone. I am paying for a data plan twice. 

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

So there is a data plan but it's not connected to the watch (the S5 one) @Jbutleruk .

Sounds like you need to register that on the watch but not 100% - would you just follow the normal process @MI5 ?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146965 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Jbutleruk @gmarkj 

It would appear that both watch plans are connected to the same original number.

I guess the new second watch plan was set up on the original number and not the new number purchased to replace it.

I would hope that a call to CS would resolve the issue by transferring one plan to the new number or maybe @O2Sarah- could do it?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Jbutleruk I will send you a private message so we can look into this 

Message 6 of 8

Jbutleruk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called last night and someone did an eSIM reset but yes i think both watches are assigned to the same phone number, so one will need moving. Thanks.

Message 7 of 8

Squiglet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, did this ever get resolved, were you able to get any mobile data for your son to use the watch via family setup?

Message 8 of 8