cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAY OR GO ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting the feeling it might not be worth talking to retentions dpt contract due to expire end of this month seen a deal with EE 15.99 a month unlimited mins and txt with 2gb of data what's the chances of that being matched ???
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks bought my phone out right so free to go anywhere will have to check the coverage thing though don't want to go from bad to worse !!
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 703 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Then it makes sense to go with trying P&G sims. Let us know how it goes and who you eventually settle for.

Message 12 of 15

xenophone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am Happy with my 02 deal, I am staying put. I have 500 minutes unlimited texts (12,000) 500 MB internet (I only use around 250 a month as I am mostly on wifi)All for £11 per Month. .Bouncy

Also my 4G is brilliant here in Edinburgh,around 50MB's speed.

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 703 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@xenophone wrote:

I am Happy with my 02 deal, I am staying put. I have 500 minutes unlimited texts (12,000) 500 MB internet (I only use around 250 a month as I am mostly on wifi)All for £11 per Month. .Bouncy

Also my 4G is brilliant here in Edinburgh,around 50MB's speed.

Good to know you are happy with your deal slight_smile

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Getting the feeling it might not be worth talking to retentions dpt contract due to expire end of this month seen a deal with EE 15.99 a month unlimited mins and txt with 2gb of data what's the chances of that being matched ???

There is no harm in trying and I would defintely see what you can get out of retensions. I tried last year and got a good deal. I got the £24.99 sim only deal with unlimited mins, texts, 5 GB of data for £19.99. 

Personally, when my contract is up in September and providing there are provider/s in my area with 4G, I will be leaving O2, I have been an O2 customer for around 17 years too. Coverage wise, I find O2 are superb, but their 3G coverage is patchy and their mobile data I'm finding of late is getting worse, its only any use for surfing, email. Trying to stream a video with mobile data is a real chore and when the video eventually plays, the quality of the streamed video changes quite often while watching as the connection struggles. No point having a decent amount of mobile data if I can't use it.

The deal you mention with EE is probably the one I would go with if I go to EE, that is providing EE have 4G in my area, which at this time they don't. Currently they have 4G coverage a little north and south of my location, so I'm hoping 4G comes later this year.

Sorry to go off topic slight_smile

What I would recommend is, get an EE sim first and try it in your phone (you would obviously need to make sure your phone was network unlocked to ensure the EE sim would work). Try EE out for a few weeks in the areas you use your phone the most, so as you can see what the coverage is like and also see what their data network is like.

The last thing you want by moving to EE is poor coverage or a buffer face lol. I've had nothing but a buffer face lately with O2 Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 15