Did you mean: 

SLOW internet speed on new iPhone 12

KennyZ102
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I got my iPhone 12 this morning and was messing around with it setting stuff up then I decided to check my internet speed, it came out as 1.5-3mb/s which I don't think is normal at all. I remember when I got my iPhone XR at the start, it was REALLY fast with searching and watching videos etc but with this phone it isn't? Does anyone have a solution? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@KennyZ102 

Have you checked network status?

https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

Have you had the iData bolt on applied? You need to call O2 and ask them. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Some trouble shooting here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/apple/iphone-12-pro/troubleshooter/tro... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@KennyZ102

Make sure you have done all the software updates, also network speed can be affected by many factors.

Also make sure you are on the latest carrier file, and try taking it out of using 5G and using 3G /4G only
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi Kenny,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow internet speeds on your new phone. Have you tried running a speed test on another device in the same area?

Are you using mobile data or wifi?

You're new phone could also be downloading apps/updates in the background and that can sometimes cause slow speeds. 

Message 4 of 5

Alex1409
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's O2... it's normal.

They are constantly throttling speeds rather than upgrading their network.

Message 5 of 5