Did you mean: 

Reset Network Settings - iPhone

Agent47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Regarding the above subject title [Reset Network Settings], I have an iPhone 6s on the O2 network.

It states in relation to 'Reset Network Settings' that:

"this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before."

Q:  I am just concerned that doing this will affect my current cellular settings and cause me problems?

Re Wi-Fi networks, all that is really is just putting in the passwords again when you pop round to friends/family etc. 

But it is the 'cellular settings' I want to know how it affects and what changes and will it re-update etc ???

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Agent47 

It just resets all the network settings to nothing but the o2 settings will be immediately restored from the sim card data.

You will have to enter all wifi passwords again though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Agent47 

It just resets all the network settings to nothing but the o2 settings will be immediately restored from the sim card data.

You will have to enter all wifi passwords again though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Agent47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks MI5.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4