cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on Iphone 7 Plus still not paid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had an incredibly amount of diffuculty in receiving a refund on a cancelled iphone order. I paid for my device upfront and after the customer service team cancelled my order without me asking, i expected that the refund would be made to my account. However many phone calls and 23 days later i am still not able to get hold of the money i am owed. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you manage to sort this out with customer services in the end or are you still having issues or any additional questions?

Any advice from our regular members for this one? slight_smile

Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will join this Club too....!

I still haven't received my refund either despite assurances that it will be paid by two (telephone) O2 operatives

When it hasn't turned up in my account I ring again and each time I am being told "there has been an error processing the transaction" and can they have my bank details again..... 

This is ludicrous as the bank details they have for me are the same as my account bank details and the same for the refund.......Crazy

Any help gratefully received as how to resolve this please.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 38

Dave111
Level 4: Observant
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

i am getting the same runaround, called 3 times, still waiting, 25 days now...

Message 4 of 38

Dave111
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

next step, solicitor letter

Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems its an awful mess they've got themselves into....I read that the JB 7 guys STILL haven't got their phones yet....

Anyway, I will call them again later to see if I get a decent answer from then, if not, escalation it shall be....

Message 6 of 38

Dave111
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Nick, in one sense we are the lucky ones that went to carphonewarehouse

btw...apple have just released 10.1 for some amazing portrait pictures for the iPhone 7 plus

Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess we are but looks like we maade a smart move... Yes I downloaded it last night and it looks good.

Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I early upgraded on 10/09/16 for 7+JB and after waiting six weeks i was told due to high demand i would be waiting till end of november early december. I was advised to cancel my order and re-order with a differnt colour which i did. Today i was expecting iphone 7+ black 256GB and my refund to show up.. I rang up got through to the african call centre. The guy said there was a issue processing my refund and took my card details and said it would be with me in 5-10 days.

He also look at my order and saw that they were out of stock and said i would have to wait a further 7 days. I said i want compensating as everyone i have spoken too seems to have a different story of what is actually happening. The guy said he is only repeating what he has been told. 

How can they say there is a one week delay and let you place another order and after 7 days say there is another week delay. I have had no communcation with o2 other than when i contact them.

The only reason i stay is beacuse i get no signal where i live. My wife has a o2 phone myself and my dad plus we share a tablet all on o2, we spend roughly £210 a month between us on o2 and i feel like they are taking an advantage know signal is very week from other companies. 

Im £120 down, no phone and no refund. 

o2 have stated regular updates. last update was 19 days ago. They have handled this situatution like idiots. We know there is a shortage and apple as screwed most phone companys over. But O2 bosses seems to have pulled the duvet over their heads and let the customer service deal with all the disgruntaled customers. 

Had they said at the time of placing a new order it would be two weeks, i would have been fine as at least i would have set a time frame out. But to tell me its another 7 day delay it more than a little frustrating. 

If i do not have a phone or a refund in 10 days i will be speaking to citazans advice and seeking more than a little compensation! 

Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

***Be Warned***

I have just got off the phone to O2 who initially called me a liar (all but in name) about me cancelling my order and about my refund and that there was nothing to refund!  The order number I gave them they said  was linked to my new phone and no refund was necessary as I was calling from said iPhone!

After a bit of a word battle I finally got to the bottom of the problem with them. Their system has a glitch (bug) in it. If you have ported an account, say that was set up with Carphone warehouse, onto what was your exisitng account (ie the one you were going to upgrade from and the original number) the system thinks that the new phone (from Carphone Warehouse) is the one you ordered directly from O2 i.e. your original order-  in my case the 128 JB and that the imei number tallys etc when in fact I now have a Black 256!!!

So if you have merged accounts the O2 system thinks you've had your order and refuses to refund you.

Having talked at length with the O2 rep, this has now been resolved for me and I have been told my refund has now been authorised.  This was with the Rotherham call centre (thank god!) as he spoke the queens english albeit with a yorkshire accent.

If you are having trouble getting a refund mention this to them and they should see the light....I hope the above makes sense?

Message 10 of 38