Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I was going to do that - but one nice thing about having Asperger's is that I can memorise strings of numbers easily Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I wish I was you! hehehe Smiley Tongue
Anonymous

Re: Recent iphone buyers

I bought my iphone 3 months ago for £269 and am on the £35 a month tarrif. I bought the phone before V2 was announced. I think its apauling that so far a free upgrade has not been offered to recent buyers on the £35 tarrif.
Do we think this will be offered before they go on sale?

It isn't compulsory to upgrade ! It happens all the time - you buy a tv, a new one is currently being launched; you buy a car, a new model is around the corner; you take out a Vodafone contract on a Nokia N-whatever and the following day they launch a Nokia N-whatever 8Gb.

Why do we think O2 should treat us specially because its an Apple phone. If you don't want to pay, continue with the original phone - it is a fantastic unit and will continue to work fully, and be updated.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

Nonsense you are only considering one aspect of customers grievances!!
You dont buy a premium product TV or car when it is first released and then find just more than 6 months later it is available free of charge and in a better spec.

O2 should acknowledge that they have ripped off customers who have paid £269 for a phone.It frankly is a kick in the teeth to those who paid £269 only a few months ago to be told by O2 that we also can have the phone for free if we start a new contract.

O2 should do more for customers who shelled out nearly £300 than the pathetic offer (if you can call it that) that somehow recompenses idiots such as me by making available an offer that is actually available to everyone.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

To be honest, everything IT wise these days goes out of date faster than its takes to build and manufacture it.. its the market, our habits and life in general. The fact that you brought it 3 months ago means that the iphone had been out on the market 9 months.. means it's getting a bit dated, sorry.

The power of the internet (google) and forums such as www.macrumours.com would have given you an insight that apple were going to bring out an updated iphone around the mac conference this week. So it wasn't really a secret that apple were coming out with the iphone.

i'm gutted because i got an n95 8gb at xmas.. . oh well.
Anonymous

iPhone

I bought mine knowing that the new one would be out in less than a month. I fully intended to stick with that one. However, you can sell you 8GB V1 iPhone on ebay for £200+ (even scratched) and use that cash to upgrade to the 16GB V2 on the £35 tariff. Becuase the new one will only come with a contract - they are snapping these ones up.

Sell your old iPhone... more than makes up for the cost of the new one.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

if you read up on the iphone and how good apple are, if you brought the iphone within a certain time frame of the price being dropped, you get it refunded.
if you brought a v1 iphone after may 27th, you get a free upgrade to the new one regardless of contract.
Thats reasonable enough me thinks.

and its been a widely known fact for at least 3 months or so that a new one was coming, especially when the price was dropped by £100 just to clear the stock
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

there is no such thing as a free lunch...
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

there is in apple terms.
they do exactly the same thing with other apple devices.

e.g. if you buy a mac book pro and within a month a new one comes out, they swap the one you just brought for the new one free of charge
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

yes thats apple... i got a rebate on my last MBP i am the first to say how great apple is....

But we are talking o2.... they have to make up the difference