Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I bought my iphone 3 months ago for £269 and am on the £35 a month tarrif. I bought the phone before V2 was announced. I think its apauling that so far a free upgrade has not been offered to recent buyers on the £35 tarrif.

Do we think this will be offered before they go on sale?
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

Highly doubt it, there is about 4 threads about this same topic.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

For those who bought it prior to the price drop (of the 8GB) version within the last 3 months probably should get a free upgrade as they are the worst off of all customers...
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

For those who bought it prior to the price drop (of the 8GB) version within the last 3 months probably should get a free upgrade as they are the worst off of all customers...

thankyou Damo0001

This is what i was trying to say and i totally agree
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I agree.

I felt really ripped off when I noticed the phone had gone down £100 within a week or so of my buying my phone.

Now I find they want to rob ANOTHER £100 off me to have an upgrade??????

Boy am I a sucker..
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I dont think its fair in that instance- I think that it is reasonable to offer an exchange to those who bought it within 2-4 weeks from before the price drop occurred in return for your handset and a renewal- that's fair and shouldn't cost O2 that much as the sales spiked following the price drop (in fact the remaining 8GB stocks sold out within 2 days of the offer starting)
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I bought mine 3 months ago, literally less than 24 hours before the £100 was dropped off the £269 for the 8GB - so yes, I am a bit irritated.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

I'd wait. It's only been 24 hours since Steve Jobs announced the handset and a month to go before release- I doubt upgrade details have been finalised by o2 yet- you may end up being contacted by o2 offering you some kind of deal- which in your case is perfectly reasonable.

24 hours before the price drop? That really sucks mate.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

if i bought mine 24 hours before the price drop.. I really would have taken it back and said I've changed my mind and i am not happy with it, i want a full refund.

Then I would have gone shopping for a hour, gone back to O2 and purchased a new I-Phone.
Anonymous

Recent iphone buyers

True... but what if you had used your PAC code to transfer your number over (entering it on iTunes) from another network? You cannot abort the process once it starts- you would be essentially stuffed.