Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about using an esim and Apple Watch

Rav692000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently switched my o2 physical sim to an esim.

I have had an Apple Watch with o2 for a while now and have the data plan. But the watch isn’t reconnecting to my plan through the Apple Watch app.

The app is only giving me the option to connect to the new physical Sky Mobile sim, which doesn’t support Apple Watch data plans.

The app says Your O2 account is not eligible to enable on your Apple Watch. Please contact o2.

It worked just fine before when I had the physical sim.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3679 Solutions

@Rav692000 I will tag our community members who are good with all things Apple.

@adamtemp64@MI5 any help here?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27687 Solutions

@Rav692000 

It's taking around 5 days currently to update the system for rains and watch compatibility so I'd hang on a bit and if no good later, call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Rav692000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Th aka for that.

I don’t wanna be “that guy” but a lot of companies still have staff working from home. I myself work part time in the Sky call centre. They made sure everything kept up as normal ensuring that staff have laptops and can take calls from home.

Every time I call o2 I get hung up on because I don’t wannna upgrade or cancel. Which is a shame. There should be some basic level of support available on the phone for tech issues.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27687 Solutions

@Rav692000 

Agents are working from home but they are employing contact deflection techniques.

Just say you are calling about fraud to get connected to an agent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3679 Solutions

@Rav692000 You would think that one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world would have been able to get their entire customer service team to remote in to assist during this crisis, but alas, they decided to show how good their system is, and how much they care about their customers by using two tin cans and a piece of string.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6