cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems unlocking iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before?  I'm trying to unlock my iPhone 4.  I put in a request and 4 days later received this text: "We are sorry we can not unlock your iPhone because it isn't activated with O2 UK sim.Please activate the device with UK O2 sim card before we can unlock the device."  I received my iPhone4 from O2 and have only had an O2 sim card in the phone.  What's worse is that my phone number has now already been transferred to t-mobile, so I no longer have O2 service but can't get my t-mobile sim to work because my phone isn't unlocked.  So I have no phone service.  I've had 3 more requests for the phone to be unlocked without success.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening and Welcome to the Forum.

There should be no issue if the iPhone was purchased and used on the 02 Network so it should be latched ok.

Have you tried inserting the t-mobile sim and hooking the iPhone up to iTunes just to see if it works or not to complete the unlock process ? It cant harm to try !

It cant also harm to request the unlock through the official form once again.

I would suggest you contact 02 on 202 to explain the situation to see if they can progress this for you.

And or fill out the complaint online form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening and Welcome to the Forum.

There should be no issue if the iPhone was purchased and used on the 02 Network so it should be latched ok.

Have you tried inserting the t-mobile sim and hooking the iPhone up to iTunes just to see if it works or not to complete the unlock process ? It cant harm to try !

It cant also harm to request the unlock through the official form once again.

I would suggest you contact 02 on 202 to explain the situation to see if they can progress this for you.

And or fill out the complaint online form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding. I've tried the t-mobile sim multiple times but iTunes keeps saying my phone is still locked. I've called 202 the last 3 nights. My request is escalated but no solution. 202 has definitely been more helpful than the online chat. Maybe I will try the complaint form?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.

I can understand your frustration especially with your services now transferred to the t-mobile sim.

I would say to anyone searching for information of changing networks etc that one's first move is to ask for the unlock process way before the PAC code movement, especially if your intending to use the original handset. Hindsight eh !  Smiley Very Happy

Live Chat are generally fine for low level general enquiries really.

202 is your way forward.

Please try the unlocking form again.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if you solved this as having the same problem trying to unlock an old iphone 4. Dc

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. There was some problem with the initial activation and apple didn't recognize that I was with O2. I had to do a full factory reset of the phone, wait 24 hrs and then request the phone to be unlocked again.
Message 6 of 6