Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Problems linking to itunes so can't start phone

I've sorted the sim swap, so my old phone/sim is now deactivated (and I can't use it to make calls), however, when I'm trying to set up my new iPhone 5, when I try to do the back up from iTunes, its telling me the phone needs iTunes 10.7 and to upgrade my iTunes.  When I click on iTunes Check for Updates it tells me there are no updates and its on 10.6.3.  Help!!  I'm going round in circles.  I'm concerned that if I just reinstall iTunes I'll lose all my music and the phone back up.  As neither phone is working, I can't ring a help line, fortunately my wifi link is ok so I can use the internet.  Please, can anyone help?!

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Problems linking to itunes so can't start phone

Download iTunes again from apple then run it and select repair rather than installSmiley Happy should solve your problem
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

I had this which was a bit frustrating.

I closed iTunes down on my PC and went onto the Apple website and downloaded the latest version. It will detect your current version on your PC and replace it. You won't lose all your music etc on iTunes. Connect your phone and away you go. 

Just checked 10.7 is available. Either your iTunes is out of date or it's having an identity crises haha. Either way install or repair you should lose anything. If your that worried copy your iPhone back up to another folder and your protectedSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Are you using a MAC or PC. If on MAC use the software updates option to get the latest version.

If PC then just download 10.7 from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download and install it
Anonymous

I have a mac book and can't sync my new iphone 5 because I don't have snow leopard installed, only way to get snow leopard is by buying the disc and then I can install the new iTunes, pretty annoying. Also plants vs zombies won't work...

Ouch Chris I'm sorry to hear that. Any chance you have a friend that would be kind enough to let you back up on their computer? Or just copy your iPhone back up to disk and import it to iTunes then to the iPhone 5Smiley Happy

Saves spending anymore moneySmiley Happy
Anonymous

Basically im just gonna use it as a new phone for now until I get the snow leopard issue sorted, I can get it to sync on my girlfriends laptop so can at least get some music on the phone for now.

Use your girlfriends laptop on a separate account and back up your old phone on that. Then problem solvedSmiley Happy
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically im just gonna use it as a new phone for now until I get the snow leopard issue sorted, I can get it to sync on my girlfriends laptop so can at least get some music on the phone for now.

How old is the Macbook?

Upgrade to Lion or Moutain Lion if it will take it.  Less than £20 and you are sorted