Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from my old phone contract to my new o2 sim

LUMC_0102
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I was wondering if someone could help me I’ve recently joined 02 from being with a diffrent phone company an when I placed my order It given me the option to keep my number so I did all the pac code but then I’ve received a text that they can’t do the number port until 6th January.

how will this work would I have to turn off both phones an will I be able to use my new phone when it arrives in the morning or would I have to wait until my old number is transferred to my o2 sim to be able to use the phone ? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

LUMC_0102
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My port is in place but I’ve been without signal since 7am this morning nothing has happened yet sadly 

Message 11 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Reboot the phone containing your new SIM every so often, @LUMC_0102 - it can take a while for O2's network to "find" where your SIM is on their network. 🤞

Message 12 of 14

LUMC_0102
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been switching my new phone on an off all day an nothing has happened yet Apprantly ports are normally done by 6pm dunno how true it is tho 

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

It's up to 9.00pm for some kind of signal but can be a full 24 hours for everything to be up and running correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14