Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to EE (Pay As You Go)

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Last Thursday, my wife's O2 Pay As You Go mobile number, was ported from O2 to EE. The process was initiated using EE's online form - entering temporary mobile number (on new sim card) , PAC code, and the number she wanted to keep (her number from O2), and then submitting the form.

The process completed on Friday and she then had her O2 number, ported over to EE. This is where ALL the problems began.......

Issue 1 Since her number was ported from O2 (end of last week), iMessage has stopped working on her iPhone 6 (was working fine on O2).  After speaking with Apple Support last week - no amount of trouble shooting could solve this.  The service constantly just shows "Waiting for Activation" - it NEVER activates.

Issue 2: Since Monday morning, my wife's number has dropped off the EE network - she is able to make outgoing calls, but can no longer receive Incoming calls. The caller gets an automated message stating "This number is no longer in service".  She can also NOT recieve any text messages either.

I know I should be contacting EE about this and I have, trust me - the process is ongoing.

HOWEVER, EE, who have since contacted their Porting Team, to find out why the number is not working properly, now think that the issue stems from the Porting Team at O2. They are under the impression (as everything on the EE porting side looks fine) that something has not come across from the Porting Team at O2 (i.e. files or whatever else is associated to a phone number - hence the reason why iMessage fails to activate on EE but was working fine on O2).

I have been in contact with Second Line Support at EE who have advised that they have now contacted O2, ino order to try and find out if there was, and still is, indeed an error, when the phone number was released from O2.......

My question here is - is there any way anybody here at O2 (via a PM), can contact me in order for them to check the number and see if it was released properly, instead of me having to wait for a response from Second Line Support at EE who are in turn, waiting for a response from O2 first, before they can respond to me???

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At least EE are attempting to resolve the issue, as indeed they should but the offer of help from @Toby would seem to be the only really helpful response from O2.

Message 51 of 71

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

UPDATE.....

You know that guy - you know, the one they call @Toby - he's Fantastic

A couple of PMs to him this morning and he's managed to resolve ALL my issues Dance

iMessages/Facetime has now successfully activated. Incoming calls/texts are now working. Sending a message to the EE shortcode 150 now initiates a response (these were the 3 issues which haven't worked since the porting completed on Friday 13th Jan'17 - a bad date to put in a porting request no doubt!!! Evil )

Tested everything with the wife - and all working as it should.

EE, to be fair to them, did indeed do everythung they could for me  - the issues was on O2's side, so was out of their hands. They tried to contact O2's Porting team on THREE separate occasions -with NO response from O2 (WHY?????! Horrified )

Anyway - all sorted now, and so another end to another LENGTHY SAGA.........................!!

Bouncy

Message 52 of 71

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done Toby slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So pleased to hear this @DinoF. Oh and well done @Toby slight_smile

Off to compile a list of what I might need help with.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 71

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Good to hear and good job that man @Toby!! (If there was a kudos button here it would be getting used)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 55 of 71

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Happy to help @DinoF slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 56 of 71

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hey @DinoF my friend, I'm so happy for you.....well not you to be honest, your better half though it will make your life much less stressful LOL

Seriously, well done to @Toby for his help but it comes to someth2when a community manager has to do the job that customer service seemed unable to do. Kudos @Toby!

Message 57 of 71

marcivic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What did Toby do?
Message 58 of 71

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@marcivic wrote:
What did Toby do?

Walks on water......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@marcivic wrote:
What did Toby do?

We will never know @marcivic as Toby doesn't work here now....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 71