Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to EE (Pay As You Go)

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Last Thursday, my wife's O2 Pay As You Go mobile number, was ported from O2 to EE. The process was initiated using EE's online form - entering temporary mobile number (on new sim card) , PAC code, and the number she wanted to keep (her number from O2), and then submitting the form.

The process completed on Friday and she then had her O2 number, ported over to EE. This is where ALL the problems began.......

Issue 1 Since her number was ported from O2 (end of last week), iMessage has stopped working on her iPhone 6 (was working fine on O2).  After speaking with Apple Support last week - no amount of trouble shooting could solve this.  The service constantly just shows "Waiting for Activation" - it NEVER activates.

Issue 2: Since Monday morning, my wife's number has dropped off the EE network - she is able to make outgoing calls, but can no longer receive Incoming calls. The caller gets an automated message stating "This number is no longer in service".  She can also NOT recieve any text messages either.

I know I should be contacting EE about this and I have, trust me - the process is ongoing.

HOWEVER, EE, who have since contacted their Porting Team, to find out why the number is not working properly, now think that the issue stems from the Porting Team at O2. They are under the impression (as everything on the EE porting side looks fine) that something has not come across from the Porting Team at O2 (i.e. files or whatever else is associated to a phone number - hence the reason why iMessage fails to activate on EE but was working fine on O2).

I have been in contact with Second Line Support at EE who have advised that they have now contacted O2, ino order to try and find out if there was, and still is, indeed an error, when the phone number was released from O2.......

My question here is - is there any way anybody here at O2 (via a PM), can contact me in order for them to check the number and see if it was released properly, instead of me having to wait for a response from Second Line Support at EE who are in turn, waiting for a response from O2 first, before they can respond to me???

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

...something else which also makes no sense - (the 2 original issues are still outstanding by the way), which we only discovered yesterday:

If somebody calls my wife's mobile number from a landline, they are still met with the automated message of "The number you have dialled is not in service. please check, blah, blah, blah.....", however, if somebody calls her from a mobile phone, the call gets through (she still can't recevie texts though unless you specifically use iMessage to her email address - iMessage to her number still does not work)??? Smiley Indifferent

How can this be???

Message 21 of 71

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

looks like o2 - ee ports go wrong https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Archive/Number-Transfer/m-p/170409#M43061

I guess you have asked on the ee community @DinoF

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 22 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Common knowledge on here that whenever EE are involved you can expect issues with porting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 71

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TO be fair, yes problems on here usually involve EE but thousands of numbers are ported daily without issues to and from EE. When problems do occur its seems the customer has to do all the chasing.

Message 24 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

looks like o2 - ee ports go wrong https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Archive/Number-Transfer/m-p/170409#M43061

I guess you have asked on the ee community @DinoF

I have indeed - they are clueless and not a patch on O2's community (the reason why I posted it here as well!).

Message 25 of 71

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@DinoF we all try our best here as customers helping each other

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Well, just spoke to my guy at EE and he's confirmed that EE have already escalated this issue with O2 and have contacted them TWICE, to ask about potential missing files, which are associated with a porting request however, O2 are dragging their heels and simply not responding back to EE......

Crazy Smiley Mad

All it takes is for O2 to reply back and say, yes there are files missing - here they are, and EE can then apply these files to the phone number (this is why no incoming calls are working), and the issue will be solved but of course, we are all sitting, waiting and twiddling our fingers, whilst O2 take  their time with a response.........

slight_frown

I really don't know whether to hang on for 1 or 2 extra days or just be done with the whole thing and get my wife a new sim, over the weekend, with a new number (which will then give her the headache of texting everybody her new number!).....  My guy did say he would credit a new sim card with some extra bundles and then transfer these back to my wife's number, once the issue is sorted though.....

Oh, I dunno..............Crazy

Message 27 of 71

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm not particularly comfortable with the response you just got from EE tbh....
Didn't you say it worked OK and then "dropped off" the EE network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 71

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think that it's unacceptable for EE to say they are waiting for a response from O2. When I worked on the porting team at O2 we called and spoke to the porting team of the other network to resolve any issues. Everyone had their own contacts with the various networks but these days no one seems to give a toss.

Message 29 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Totally agree - they DON'T give a toss.....

I questioned EE's Second Line Support team and requested they phone O2's Porting Team as a matter of urgency but they said, everything had to be done via email instead.

On the subject of a new SIM card - I actually bought one yesterday (just a £10 top up) thinking that I could divert my wife's incoming calls from her existing number, to the new SIM card however, because of the balls up of her number by both Porting Teams, even call forward/divert does not work.

Seems like we're trapped until this whole mess is resolved, which now looks to be Monday or Tuesday if O2 can bother to pull their finger out and respond back to the EE Porting Team.

Message 30 of 71