Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to EE (Pay As You Go)

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Last Thursday, my wife's O2 Pay As You Go mobile number, was ported from O2 to EE. The process was initiated using EE's online form - entering temporary mobile number (on new sim card) , PAC code, and the number she wanted to keep (her number from O2), and then submitting the form.

The process completed on Friday and she then had her O2 number, ported over to EE. This is where ALL the problems began.......

Issue 1 Since her number was ported from O2 (end of last week), iMessage has stopped working on her iPhone 6 (was working fine on O2).  After speaking with Apple Support last week - no amount of trouble shooting could solve this.  The service constantly just shows "Waiting for Activation" - it NEVER activates.

Issue 2: Since Monday morning, my wife's number has dropped off the EE network - she is able to make outgoing calls, but can no longer receive Incoming calls. The caller gets an automated message stating "This number is no longer in service".  She can also NOT recieve any text messages either.

I know I should be contacting EE about this and I have, trust me - the process is ongoing.

HOWEVER, EE, who have since contacted their Porting Team, to find out why the number is not working properly, now think that the issue stems from the Porting Team at O2. They are under the impression (as everything on the EE porting side looks fine) that something has not come across from the Porting Team at O2 (i.e. files or whatever else is associated to a phone number - hence the reason why iMessage fails to activate on EE but was working fine on O2).

I have been in contact with Second Line Support at EE who have advised that they have now contacted O2, ino order to try and find out if there was, and still is, indeed an error, when the phone number was released from O2.......

My question here is - is there any way anybody here at O2 (via a PM), can contact me in order for them to check the number and see if it was released properly, instead of me having to wait for a response from Second Line Support at EE who are in turn, waiting for a response from O2 first, before they can respond to me???

Message 1 of 71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Happy to help @DinoF slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 56 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless @Toby can help further, all you can do is call CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Unless @Toby can help further, all you can do is call CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

...not being funny but that 'Contact Us' link will just take me to O2's first line support, who will have no idea on how to even check this (as did EE's first line support) .  Thats why I am specifically asking if an O2 Guru on here can make any additional checks for me, that the first line support team, can't make......

Message 3 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good grief. Such a supposedly easy job turning into a right shambles...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 71

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As a customer you can only contact first line support - they should raise a ticket for you if they can't fix it.
That's the process i'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 71

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

re imessage issue you have amended the my number field to that of the o2 number and not the temp mee number ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

re imessage issue you have amended the my number field to that of the o2 number and not the temp mee number ?

...indeed I have - trust me, me and Apple had done everything possibe - Reset Network, Reset Phone, Reset Everything, yadda yadda yada, but no joy......

Message 7 of 71

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Good grief. Such a supposedly easy job turning into a right shambles...:smileysad:

....indeed - its become one huge joke - especially the fact that when I ported my own contract O2 number to EE, the process was seamless and it transferred within a day and everything worked. Totally different, of course, with my wife's Pay As You Go numnber though, and even after one whole week, we're no closer to getting this resolved.........

Message 8 of 71

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I too never had a problem porting from O2 to EE.  I have since ported the number back to O2,again without issue. It would seem to me that EE need to ask for the porting files again....

Message 9 of 71

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Not being funny, but if the number has dropped off of EE/BT's network then that would indicate a fault with EE/BT's porting in of the number, as it seems to me that the port was fine for a few days.

I would be chasing EE/BT to fix what sounds like their issue, I bet they haven't updated the HLR with the new details... typical crappy EE/BT tbh..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 71