cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal - In and around football stadiums

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can appreciate the sheer volume of people using their phones in and around stadiums on match days, however, I find the signal for both making a call and for using the Internet to be shocking whilst using an iPhone. Whereas it appears to be slightly better in using an old brick Nokia.
I tend to receive a glut of messages an hour or so after the game has finished, due to the backlog of poor reception.
Can't seem to access the Internet, even low bandwidth sites like BBC mobile to browse the sport at half time.
Not really sure if O2 would be able to improve this in anyway??? Any thoughts, or other people who have similar problems?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Inside the stadium think about all the steel work blocking the signal and the sheer number of users as stated.
Perhaps the stadium owners should approach all the networks and put masts up on the roofs to provide better coverage.
I know some networks install temp masts for events like cheltenham gold cup etc
Perhaps the stadium owners should look at wifi solutions for its fans.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can appreciate the sheer volume of people using their phones in and around stadiums on match days, however, I find the signal for both making a call and for using the Internet to be shocking whilst using an iPhone. Whereas it appears to be slightly better in using an old brick Nokia.
I tend to receive a glut of messages an hour or so after the game has finished, due to the backlog of poor reception.
Can't seem to access the Internet, even low bandwidth sites like BBC mobile to browse the sport at half time.
Not really sure if O2 would be able to improve this in anyway??? Any thoughts, or other people who have similar problems?

which ground is this at mate ?
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

which ground is this at mate ?

Old Trafford.
Internet is really poor in the pub prematch as well, which is within 400m from the ground.
Both 3G and GPRS are poor for an Internet connection.
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose its all those MU fans ringing home in London grin
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Original, nice.
So only me who seems to have any problems?
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went to the NFL game at Wembley a while back and couldnt for the life of me get a data connection whilst i was there. Lads i was with had the same issue, on different networks, and whilst queueing for a beer at half time i overheard more people having the same issue.
I just assumed the issue was the vast number of people in a limited area swamping the local transmitters with data connections etc and unfortunately short of all the networks upgrading things around areas where large amounts of people congregate like Wembley, Old Trafford etc there isnt a lot you can do.....short of going to grounds with less people attending!! wink
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

....no - its not just you!
I went to watch (no jokes please..!!!!) Crystal Palace a couple of months back - at half time,both me and a mate couldn't get a data connection on our iPhones.
Its just the sheer number of people accessing data at the same time - nigh on impossible!!
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Original, nice.

are your mates on any other networks ? hows their signal
when i go watch the boys at old traf works ok.... texts and calls mate
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been told that O2 signal is great at Twickenham due to them being able to deploy aerials etc into the ground itself.
Message 10 of 16