cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any clever people out there have a clue if it is possible for a phone call not to appear on a list of outgoing calls for the account. I have been told this might happen if a call is made through the Bluetooth in someone else's vehicle but I don't know if that's correct. I have a friend who urgently needs to demonstrate she received a call when the person who called her denied it and has produced his phone records to 'prove'. it. Any experts out there got any idea how this could be possible? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Any calls made from a number will appear on the bill regardless of how or where they were dialled from if using the normal phone app.
Alternative ways of calling are possible though such as skype or other sip calling apps which only use data so wouldn't show as a dialled number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Any calls made from a number will appear on the bill regardless of how or where they were dialled from if using the normal phone app.
Alternative ways of calling are possible though such as skype or other sip calling apps which only use data so wouldn't show as a dialled number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your quick response this is a bit of an urgent situation! So if someone made a call using hotel or home wifi-  say with tu go or what's app the number wouldn't show on the bill? 

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Tugo would show as that is a little bit different but a WhatsApp or Facebook call wouldn't if called in that kind of situation.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your friends phone should show the call received and what type it was although they may have to look in each of the different apps to find the record of it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No worries, hope you get sorted.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry me again! It's a really puzzling situation as my friend is absolutely positive that she received a call from her boss on a particular day and knows roughly what time. However he has produced his phone bill which doesn't show her number on it and her phone apparently doesn't show anything either.  She had a mobile and a landline but neither appear to show a call in. The reason it's important is that she is effectively being accused of lying which is most definitely not true. She is the most honest person I know but her boss definitely isn't. I suppose he might have tampered with the phone records, but what I was tryIng to establish is whether there are any other possibities which could explain it all. Sorry to go on at such length but if you have any other thoughts I would be very grateful to know what they are.

regards

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
There are no other ways other than those I've mentioned above.
The options are a phone call over gsm, tugo or other voip / sip apps over wifi or mobile data, but the receiving phone would show the call in any of those options even if the sending phone had been tampered with.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11