Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,372

Re: Phone won't sync with laptop

I thought you might say that....
Most likely a driver issue on the Win 8 machine - You may need to turn off driver signing then try connecting the phone again.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

I'll have ago at following these instructions and let you know how i get on. It would probably mean my new phone won't work either unless I do this. Thanks 

Once you have the drivers installed it should connect each time without any bother, but you may have to do it again when you change phones.
One thing not mentioned in the link is after you have disabled signing and connected the phone, give it a few mins to load the drivers, then disconnect phone and choose restart from the power menu options.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

I've just put my hubby's i phone 6 with the original lead in and it synched that ok so maybe it just is dodgy leads. I will have to wait and see what happens when my phone comes tomorrow. I have followed the steps until it got to installing drivers. I'll leave it until i get my new phone. Thanks for your help and hopefully my new phone/ lead will work. 

Anonymous

Ok.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Good luck with it....
Let us know if we have to have another think about it Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Anonymous

Thanks for your help everyone. It's seems it was just the fake leads i was using. I have now got a genuine one and it is working well. Smiley Very Happy

Good news - Always the first thing to try Smiley Wink

Currently using:
Anonymous

Hi

It's good to hear you've sorted out what was wrong.

Take care.