cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't sync with laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Please could someone help me. I'm trying to back up my phone in readiness of getting my new one and it's not working. I've tried with several charger leads and each one i put in won't connect. It just keeps jumping from charging and then not so won't connect. I've tried in all of the ports on my laptop and none will work. They all will charge my iphone but as soon as i connect to laptop they don't work. Is there something im doing wrong. Also can't seem to synch via wifi either. Any help appreciate please and thanks 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I thought you might say that....
Most likely a driver issue on the Win 8 machine - You may need to turn off driver signing then try connecting the phone again.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have ago at following these instructions and let you know how i get on. It would probably mean my new phone won't work either unless I do this. Thanks 

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once you have the drivers installed it should connect each time without any bother, but you may have to do it again when you change phones.
One thing not mentioned in the link is after you have disabled signing and connected the phone, give it a few mins to load the drivers, then disconnect phone and choose restart from the power menu options.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just put my hubby's i phone 6 with the original lead in and it synched that ok so maybe it just is dodgy leads. I will have to wait and see what happens when my phone comes tomorrow. I have followed the steps until it got to installing drivers. I'll leave it until i get my new phone. Thanks for your help and hopefully my new phone/ lead will work. 

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Please do let us know how you get on.
Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck with it....
Let us know if we have to have another think about it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help everyone. It's seems it was just the fake leads i was using. I have now got a genuine one and it is working well. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news - Always the first thing to try wink

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's good to hear you've sorted out what was wrong.

Take care.
Message 19 of 19