Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not allowed

Defgimp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, for the last fortnight+ I’ve had “no service” on my phones, both iPhone 5’s, both currently have O2 SIM cards in. 
Both sims are monthly contracts, 1 is nearly 2 years old, the other is new, just over a month. 

Prior to these phones having O2 sims in, they have been used with EE, 3, Vodafone and lebara, just so you know these phones are both unlocked, have been for years. 

Having searched and then contacted O2 CS, it appears there’s a problem with a mast near me, which is why the phones aren’t working?

ok, in that case the phones would work somewhere else, like 23 miles away?

Nope!

The SIM cards won’t work in a different phone?

errr, yep, they do, just not in these iPhones?

The phones work with an EE sim, just not an O2 sim, whether pay monthly or pay as you go!

After looking a bit deeper into the settings and network settings on the phones it states “phone not allowed”?!

Trying to find out why or get any help with why is proving incredibly difficult!

I have forwarded the imei numbers to CS who have informed me that there’s no blocks or bar’s on the phones, it’s a mast issue?

I don’t see how it can be a mast issue?

There seems to be plenty of people that come across this issue, there’s plenty of them on these forums, but trying to get a resolution seems almost impossible?!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Defgimp 

Have you had a look at this help page from Apple by any chance, as the phone not allowed can be a few things:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you have not already done so, then request new sim cards, just as an incase.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Defgimp
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. 

Have done everything on that list down to the last two, contact carrier (hence this post and CS contact) and contact Apple. 

Can order new sims but it isn’t going to make a difference?

Both sims work fine away from the phones they are currently in, even in other iPhones?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'll see if @O2Lisa can help at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 😊

I'll message you privately @Defgimp and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Techno92LFC
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. I have an iPhone 5 on O2 and there's been no service over the last few days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6